|Position||00373 SQL/.net Software Engineer- On Site|
|City, State||New York City,NY|
|Salary||120-130K plus Bonus|
|Contact Name||Steve Silvi|
|Description||Our Client is a global financial organization, built on 100 years of international literacy and operational knowledge.|
The Data Operations group is seeking an experienced SQL / .Net Developer who is passionate about data and understanding data relationships and analytics.
This addition to staff will be part of an existing team of programmers/developers who will be responsible for supporting and enhancing one of the Client's key Processing Systems and related source databases.
The Developer will work in collaboration with the other engineers, business analysts and key stakeholders to design robust and scalable data extraction, transformation and loading solutions.
SQL Development & Data Management
• Implement and maintain ETL/ELT solutions ensuring proper database coding standards, and quality assurance procedures using SQL and .Net.
• Implement and maintain effective mapping of multiple source and target systems in support of accurate premium feeding/reporting.
• Employ new and existing systems in the creation of ETL processes, and data quality validation techniques.
• Identify and analyze data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
• Able to write effective unit, integration, and e2e tests
• Ensure data standards are reused and enforced across all data-driven initiatives.
Effective Communication and Team Collaboration
• Translate technical activities and objectives in a manner appropriate for various audiences and stakeholders during 1-on-1 interactions, meetings and/or conference calls.
• Proactively seek guidance on issues requiring additional clarity or instruction from other team members or management.
• Review designs by other team members and give constructive feedback in meetings or written form when required.
• Share accrued knowledge through the use of meetings, walk-thru's, conference calls and other appropriate methods.
• Follow departmental workflow processes and work in a transparent manner.
|Requirements||• Bachelor’s Degree (major in information technology or related field preferred)|
• Minimum 5 years of SQL and 3 years of .Net programming experience in a corporate environment
• Recent experience in developing ETL
• Performance tuning experience a PLUS
• JSON experience a PLUS
• Insurance or Financial Services industry background a PLUS