|City, State||Parsippany- Hybrid Schedule,NJ|
|Salary||190-200K plus Bonus|
|Contact Name||Steve Silvi|
|Description||As the Controller you will ensure that all systems and controls are in place to accurately report financial information to the public, to government agencies, and to the board and management. |
The Controller ensures that all accounting policies and procedures are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Oversees the monthly financial reporting process and provides reports to management as needed.. Distributes actual versus budget reports throughout the organization.
• Oversees the preparation of SEC filings including quarterly 10-Qs, 10-K, and the annual report to shareholders with support from the finance department. Responsible for maintaining a working and current knowledge of the SEC and FASB guidelines and ensures reports are prepared in accordance to GAAP.
• Oversees regulatory reporting and reviews details prior to filing. Maintains a working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of systems necessary to run the finance area, including the General Ledger and how it interacts with all the subsystems on the core computer system.
• Responsible for all general ledger conversions for acquired institutions. Maintains a working knowledge of subsystems in finance; including the Fixed Asset System and the Accounts Payable information.
• Oversees Investment Accounting, Funds Management, Accounts Payable, Due from Bank, Reconciliations, Fixed Asset and Prepaid Accounting, & Shareholder Relations.
• Gathers information for the annual budget planning process, including growth targets for deposits and loans, rate forecasts, capital budgets, etc.
• Ensures cost is managed to profitably to run the organization.
• Prepares capital estimates with CFO for capital planning.
• Taxation: Responsible for preparation or oversight of quarterly tax estimate as well as maintenance of deferred tax asset and all that entails. Supervises preparation of all backup schedules for the tax returns. Maintains the REIT: ensures the REIT generates the maximum tax benefit possible by investing spare funds of the REIT into new qualifying loans.
• Allowance for Credit Losses: Performs detailed reviews of CECL calculations and related backup support. Ensures data inputs are complete and accurate and calculation is reasonable.
• Mergers & Acquisitions: Actively involved in the purchase accounting process to fair value any acquired companies and the accounting on-boarding processes.
• Ensures internal controls (SOX, ICOFR & COSO) are in place throughout the organization to ensure that financial statements are being properly stated.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
|Requirements||• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting|
• Targeted industry education - for example, BAI (Bank Administration Institute) school of banking with concentration in Finance and/or Banking.
• Extensive related experience and/or training.
• Extensive related management experience. Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Power-Point.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills. Ability to gather and analyze information effectively and develop alternative solutions to solve problems as they arise.
• Ability to collect and research data and act on intuition and experience to arrive at a correct conclusion.
• Broad knowledge of banking/financial industries. Ability and knowledge of how to account for new Financial products, including what implications or risks might be inherent in offering these products.
• Comprehensive knowledge of SEC guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles and updates regularly.
• Self-motivated. Ability to identify your strengths and opportunities. Accepts feedback and/or suggestions for improvement.
• Excellent organization skills. Ability to manage priorities with competing deadlines.
• Ability to understand the core computer system and how subsystems interact with the general ledger. Ability to use and adapt easily to other software programs.
• MBA in Accounting/Finance.
• CPA designation.
• Knowledge of Prologue.
• Prior experience with FiServ.