|Position||00319 SVP of Product & Program Management|
|Salary||225-235K plus 40% Bonus|
|Contact Name||Steve Silvi|
|Description||Our Client is evolving their product strategy function, and they’re looking for an SVP of Product Strategy to oversee some of they're key initiatives and activate on this new opportunity.|
As the SVP of Product Strategy, you will be responsible for being an innovative thought leader on engagement strategies, automation, loyalty, and data.
You will be asked to gather input from analysts, clients, industry, trends, and our internal constituents to deliver a commercially prioritized vision.
This includes leading, or working with product managers to drive, the strategy, roadmap, development and activation of the product line, aligning with product marketing to deliver the overall messaging and pricing strategy, and continue to evolve and deliver their content strategy.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management and professional-level staff in the department.
• Oversees the schedules and responsibilities of management staff in the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• To deliver the product, you will work with a cross-functional team.
• Additionally, the structure of the business means you will operate in a matrixed fashion with multiple partner teams. As you develop and execute the strategy and roadmap you will need to skillfully solve for this complexity of users and partners and take people on the journey with you. Additionally, you will partner closely with other internal digital distribution groups to ensure we are bringing the best of the full platform to clients.
• As you build your understanding of our clients, you will identify other unmet client needs and opportunities for new digital products. In these cases, you will scope the business case, conceptualize and pitch these ideas.
• You’ll be the customer-first advocate who is a confident communicator, super organized, resilient and respectfully anti-bureaucratic.
• Establishes the strategic direction of the company’s product development operations; executes this strategy in collaboration with company leadership.
• Communicates with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders to identify and assess product and program requirements; applies this knowledge to support product development strategy.
• Oversees the product process from development through production; proactively addresses and solves any issues and risks that arise.
• Develops, implements, and enforces key performance metrics, milestones, specifications, documentation and reporting requirements, and budgets.
• Tracks and analyzes product, program, and process costs.
• Ensures compliance with industry and legal regulations and best practices, and adherence to company processes and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge in developing trends and technologies in the industry.
|Requirements||• Several years’ experience owning the development of awesome digital products and propositions, leading all
aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.|
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build excitement and consensus among the core team, our partner groups and executive management.
• Ability to take complex customer and business problems, break them down in a clear, structured way and build novel, creative solutions that solve business and client needs.
• Experience with using Agile to build a transparent, inclusive, and focused environment for teams of designers, engineers, and SMEs to deliver their best work.
• Proven track record driving an initiative to completion, making informed trade-offs as new information emerges and sweating the last 5% of the details that make a product our users love and our team is proud of.
• Supremely organized and able to prioritize your time to have the greatest impact on the team and on our initiatives.
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
• Flexible, collaborative, empathetic leader who doesn’t mind getting hands on when required to help the team.
• Curiosity for our business, clients, and mission.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to improve business processes and practices to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficient with the financial tools required to make estimates, business forecasts, and strategic decisions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least ten years of experience in project and program management.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification highly desired.
• Functioned in a digital environment with a proven track record of success.