|Position||00311 VP Deposit Operations Manager|
|City, State||NY Metro Area,NJ|
|Salary||95K plus 14% Bonus|
|Contact Name||Steve Silvi|
|Description||Provides oversight and direction for the Deposit Operations staff, and is responsible for all associated supervisory aspects such as hiring, reviewing, counseling, coaching, training and terminating.|
Will be expected to develop staff in order to provide excellent support services in a fast-paced, innovative environment and will be integral to streamlining processes while meeting all Bank/government regulations.
Provides support to most areas of the bank on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate, monitor and supervise workflow of Deposit Operations department; conduct efficiency reviews of daily processing.
• Administer department's functions, ensuring compliance with the organizations policies, legal and government rules and regulations by establishing, monitoring and maintaining policies and procedures.
• Analyze operational problems and develops procedures for their resolution.
• Relay communications from branches, Compliance, Marketing, HR, upper management, etc.
• Act as primary point of contact/administrator for outside agencies and vendors, including Federal Reserve Bank, and other correspondents, fraud detection software, wire transfer module, and NY/NJ State agencies.
• Coach, develop and lead staff to maximize their potential.
• Conduct performance appraisals, create performance improvement plans, when necessary, and make salary recommendations.
• Develop and maintain manuals and references, and participate in staff training to effectively implement bank policies and procedures.
• Recommend and implement business plans, operational procedures and system utilization that support the organization's long-term strategic objectives and vision.
• Address special projects as assigned (new products, new branches, branch closings, etc.).
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry groups and organizations to stay abreast of changes in federal and state banking regulations and ensures that changes are implemented in a timely manner.
• Responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting for DIP accounts, IOLTA and branch issues to Regional Administrators.
• Provide operational support to branch staff and other areas of the bank.
• Decision exception items.
• Review and sign-off on Department processes.
• Act as Branch Administration liaison.
• Act as BSA contact regarding fraud issues, account compromises and reporting.
• Act as contact for Deposit Escrow products (branch, business development, financial institutions, and customer)
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
|Requirements||• Bachelor’s degree in such areas as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc.|
• 7 years related management experience
• 5 years of bank operations experience to include a solid understanding of banking regulations and deposit processes.
• Proven ability to initiate improvements in operating and productivity efficiencies.
• High school diploma or the equivalent
• Ability to systematically identify and define problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to express/exchange ideas with others.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and confidentiality when interacting with customers. • Bondable
• 7 years of bank operations experience to include a solid understanding of banking regulations and deposit processes