|Position||00254 Product Owner|
|Contact Name||Steve Silvi|
|Description||As a product owner at our Client, you are in a strategic and business-oriented role, focused on delivering amazing customer experiences. We manage millions of subscriptions across many different product categories from magazines to digital products. On a daily basis, your focus will be to define and push the product vision forward while considering the needs of all customers and stakeholders. |
You’re the heart, mind, and voice of our customers, and can lead people along a product journey by being positive and practical. It’s a sweet job facilitating cross-functional teamwork, but all this glory does come with some dirty work, like making tough calls with little information, deciding on product trade-offs, resolving conflicts so the development team works toward a consistent goal, and jumping in to wear another hat if necessary. In the end, the product team is responsible for the results.
As our Product Manager, a typical day might include the following:
• Identifying, defining, and managing the product roadmap and backlog while prioritizing work products using data to drive decisions.
• Working with business and fellow product owners to elaborate features for prioritized initiatives.
• Reviewing elaborated features with engineering and QA teams.
• Attending daily scrums to help answer questions and clear impediments.
• Facilitating kickoff meetings with the delivery team & answer specific questions about the acceptance criteria
. • Reviewing the QA team’s test cases, commenting on edge cases, and sometimes negotiating with the team.
• Jumping on a call with a partner or vendor to integrate with their services or help them integrate with ours.
• Collaborating with your fellow team members on a new product that’s missing in our market.
• Picking up a ping-pong paddle and battling it out with your teammates.
|Requirements||You may be what we’re looking for if you’re good at…|
• 5+ years of relevant product, project & operations experience with a proven track record of working cross-functionally to define, drive and deliver software solutions.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills to effectively bridge between business and engineering groups.
• 3+ years working in an agile scrum environment. • Data-driven & results oriented decision maker who effectively & efficiently executes to deliver against our roadmap
• Attention to detail. Not only can you always spot Where’s Waldo, but you wrote the book when it comes to doing it right the first time.
• Ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities and tasks.
• Comfortable with databases and reporting tools. SQL skills a plus!