|Position||00236 Sr. Tech Ops Analyst (Multiple Openings and Shifts)|
|City, State||New York City,New York|
|Contact Name||Steve Silvi|
We have two openings for onsite day roles and two for overnight, REMOTE shifts. Please clarify your interest when responding.
As a senior member of the rapidly growing System Operations Team, you will be hands-on with troubleshooting level-2/3 issues, monitoring system health, resolving incidents and client inquiries.|
Clients are typically analysts and operation teams with regulatory bodies (e.g. SEC), US Option and Stock Exchanges, and US registered broker dealers.
As part of the Incident Management process, this role will interact with Compliance, Security, Development, Service Desk (level 1) and Engineering teams in reporting, researching and resolving issues.
In this role, you will conduct workflows analysis and capture requirements to improve tools and streamline processes.
Additionally, you will be responsible for drafting broad external communication to customers, as well as post mortems.
As part of the capacity plan, the System Operations Team monitors and reviews system capacity, evaluates system trends and determines baselines.
As part of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP), the team is responsible for initiating system failover to the Disaster Recovery environment, internal coordination among all teams and external communication to clients.
In the event of a system defect, this role would work with the customer to define the defect and create a business requirement for Development that will be used to describe the issue and the measure of success (MOS).
• 6-10 years working in Financial Services / Fintech|
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems or computer science or relevant field
• Involved in the support of an options or equities trading system or ATS
• In-depth knowledge of TechOps /Operations (level-2/3) for a Financial Services
• Deep understanding of equities and/or options trading and market structure to include basic order types, options strategies, time in force, smart order routing, algorithms
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience with managing a project que and traiging production issues
• Background driving an Incident /Escalation Management process to include capturing artifacts and monthly reporting
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; draft technical specifications, release notes and system runbooks, post mortem analysis and drafting
• Experience in managing or training and mentoring junior team members
• Experience writing test/use cases and actionable requirement documents for software engineers to code
• Background working with Software Engineers, PMO, InfoSec and Compliance teams
• Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity and access management
• Knowledge of network infrastructure and associated network protocols and concepts DNS, HTTP, SFTP, firewall, port forwarding, AWS, Cloud technologies, x-connects, PGP, MFA, VPN and related technologies
• Highly self-motivated with strong initiative to enhance processes
• Experience with Unix/Linux command line skills
• Basic understanding SQL
• Participated in BCP DR industry testing, DR failover testing
•Ideal candidate to have the following: • Knowledge of RegNMS, RegSCI, Rule 605, 606 and 613
Series 7, 55, 99 or other regulatory license (active or expired)
• Experience working with security master, corp actions
• Work experience at US Stock or Options Exchange or SRO
• Work experience in middle/back-office with OATS
• Basic understanding ODBC/JDBC, data lake and database schemas
• Exposure to information security, data encryption, PGP, LinOTP, Yubikey or other multi factor authentication tools
• Understanding of agile development methodologies and product development lifecycles
• Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Redmine or other bug tracking /software management tool