|Position||00227 Unified Communications Analyst|
|Contact Name||Steve Silvi|
This position is an analyst role forming part of our Client’s Unified Communications Team.|
The primary role will be in supporting Microsoft Skype for Business (IM, Presence, Group Chat and Audio/Video Conferencing) including Level 2 & 3 support.
The individual will collaborate extensively with other members of the UC team supporting Avaya VoIP, Cisco VC endpoints and SIP for global users.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a thorough understanding of Unified Communications technologies and VoIP, preferably with hands-on experience supporting Microsoft SfB with cross platform VC integration.
We are seeking an individual who is self-organized, with strong analytical and technical skills to address operational support across a global enterprise. Critical Dimensions • Technical
o Provide troubleshooting, expert advice and guidance with Skype for Business and all inter-dependent technologies.
o Hands on experience configuring, optimizing and supporting SfB (On-premise and O365) with Skype policy management.
o Strong troubleshooting skills and a good understanding of Microsoft server administration (O365 Admin Center and PowerShell), AD, ADFS and DNS.
o Comprehensive knowledge of networking technologies including, TCP/IP addressing, and protocols such as SIP,
H.323, H.264, H.265, etc. Strong working knowledge of networking (routing, switching and QoS) and traffic analysis.
o Working knowledge of Cisco video codecs and Skype video endpoints.
o Experience of incident response, problem management SLAs and escalation to appropriate entities.
o Experience with Media Gateways / Session Border Controllers and their administration.
• Security Standards
o Must be able to function efficiently in a compliance focused, formalized environment, and adhere to processes and standards encompassing collaboration, video, telephony and infrastructure security.
o Adhere to change management protocol and secure implementation processes and policies. • Teamwork
o Must be able to function in a collaborative environment within and across IT/Telecom teams and external resources.
o Ability be work collaboratively with client IT organizations and vendors.
o Must be able to contribute to team knowledge/skills while learning from other team members to provide cross-functionality.
o Strong customer service and communication skills supporting internal and external users of all levels.
o Ability to understand business needs and provide collaboration solutions through new technologies and industry best practices.
o Strong written and verbal skills and comfortable preparing documentation of team procedures and guidelines.
o A self-starter who can excel in a team environment of a growing and dynamic enterprise.
o Ability to communicate professionally to varied audiences from IT staff to C-Level executives as needed.
• Work Management
o Candidate needs to work in an organized, process-oriented manner with a focus on resolving issues and providing superior customer service to internal and external clients.
o Must have the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, and re-prioritize as needed.
o Detail orientated, and the ability to record, organize, and communicate in a detail manner.
o Ability to work flexible schedules when required.
• Configure, troubleshoot and support enterprise level Skype for Business with cross-vendor interoperability and collaboration systems.
• Collaborate with the UC Team to support all other UC platforms and applications including Avaya VoIP, Cisco VC endpoints, cloud-based video/voice collaboration services, etc.
• Leverage monitoring tools to improve troubleshooting and performance metrics to improve user experience.
• Work with network teams to identify and remediate video, VoIP and QoS issues across the environment.
• Manage relevant service and incident requests escalated from other internal teams within the defined SLA.
• Serve as SME on all SfB initiatives, expansions and upgrades. Assist with all Unified Communications infrastructure and hosted services.
Minimum 4 years’ experience and demonstrated knowledge in the following areas is preferred:
• Supporting a multi-vendor UC environment (Skype for Business, Cisco and Skype VC endpoints, O365) with IM and conferencing
• Experience with Skype for Business 2015, Lync 2013, Skype for Business Online, Microsoft O365 product suite
• Familiarity with virtualization platforms (VMWare, HyperV or Nutanix)
• Familiarity with Exchange Unified Messaging and related administration
• Network management tools to perform analysis on the environment, troubleshoot production issues, (e.g. QoS, Call quality), and provide capacity planning.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Telephony or related work experience.