|Return to previous page
View Job Posting - Datapath Search
|Position||00172 Sr. Business Analyst|
|Contact Name||Steve Silvi|
This individual is expected to have strong experience working with business users to understand needs and requirements. The individual will be responsible for interpreting business needs and translating them into application requirements, wireframes and/or screen design and use case functionality. This individual must have an excellent understanding of the processes and tools used to develop vision documents, functional requirements documents, use case documents and understand the development life cycle and testing procedures. This individual must have strong communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills, be able to lead meetings and influence the business, collaborate effectively with business analysts from other IT project teams, and interact with application developers and IT professionals of other disciplines. They must be able to multi-task on multiple projects and support activities in a high paced IT environment while completing tasks on-time.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with business partners to define need and requirements, explore new opportunities, conduct feasibility studies and recommend process improvements.
- Assists in cost/benefit analysis and project tracking. Prioritizes business requests.
- Helps to negotiate project scope and delivery options. Must be able to influence the business and IT teams on decisions.
- Develops vision documents, functional requirements documents and use case documents.
- Facilitates User Experience discussions and develops screen designs and/or wireframes.
- Good experience in data analysis and functional analysis and able to document process and data flows.
- Capable of working on a project team and interfacing with the business to define and translate business requests into technology initiatives.
- Investigates and recommends solutions for application defects, and works with a multifunctional team to test application fixes and enhancements.
- Identifies data requirements; maps data across systems and technology platforms and verifies that data has been successfully migrated from one system to another.
- Works with application developers to create prototypes, test functionality and verifying outputs with the business.
- Guides the business in the development of test plans and can work with Quality Assurance, database, technical and operational analysts to ensure successful testing, training and deployment.
- Facilitates testing efforts along with their business partners as it pertains to the delivery of enterprise functional deliverables.
- Primary point of contact for the business for analyzing and resolving production support issues. In this capacity, may need to access production systems to troubleshoot issues.
- Provides additional training to the business on enhancements and/or defect fixes through personal discussion and documentation.
- Bachelors Degree and 4+ years experience as a Business Analyst preferred.
- Strong experience working with customers to gather business requirements and document those requirements in a language that can be understood by both IT and the business.
- Strong experience building use cases with business partners including documenting process flows, business rules, tasking, notifications and articulating overall functionality needed by the business.
- Strong understanding of database concepts and experience using SQL to query, select, filter and sort data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools including Word, Excel, Access, Visio.
- Knowledge of MS Project, Microsoft TFS (Team Foundation Server) and Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Strong business writing ability.