At this level, the principle focus is acquisition and use of technical and functional skills in the application, technology, database, quality assurance and operations areas. This individual works predominantly in a team environment, and is expected to participate in and gain proficiency in all aspects of the development life cycle- gathering/documenting requirements/specifications, design development, testing/reviewing, deployment, and maintenance. This individual is an active team participant, who develops cooperative team and business relationships, makes sound decisions, and takes ownership of assigned tasks, monitoring and reporting progress from inception to completion.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst or Lead, works with members of the application development, database, and operations teams throughout the project life cycle.
- Design and develop automated test scripts that are modular in design (programmed to pass parameters to re-usable test script libraries). Works with Senior or Lead on overcoming roadblocks.
- Works with development or senior QA to understand relational databases and data interfaces and develop SQL scripts necessary for back end testing.
- Creates manual test scripts.
- Creates manual performance test scripts.
- Creates automated performance tests. Works with Senior or Lead on overcoming roadblocks.
- Executes manual and automated test scripts.
- May need to execute compatibility and production deployment acceptance tests against the production environment.
- Documents test results and defects found.
- Reviews test results versus test strategies with Sr. Quality Analyst or Lead.
- Participates in reviews and inspections of program code, system and program design and test plans for programs and small systems.
- Gains knowledge of current standards and procedures for design, code reviews, configuration management, testing, documentation and measurements.
- Tests installation programs and instructions.
- Participates in post-implementation reviews.
- Assists in the research and implementation of appropriate QA productivity and testing tools.
- One or more platforms (PC, Mainframe, Client/Server, Internet)
- Programming Languages (SQL, SQABasic or equivalent scripting language, HTML)
- Testing methodologies and tools (TFS)
- Technical writing
- Version control software (TFS)
- Software evaluation skills
- 2-3 years applicable experience