|Position||00175 Manager ETL/DW/BI|
|Salary||115-130K plus 10% bonus|
|Contact Name||Steve Silvi|
This individual is responsible for managing teams that develop and maintain the Enterprise Data Warehouse ecosystem. Scope of the role includes design of the EDW in collaboration with Data Architects, data integration using Informatica and administration of the BI platform, Cognos. This individual will manage project teams throughout all phases of the project life cycle and create an environment that fosters creative idea sharing and teamwork to ensure project success. The Manager will establish project task goals and priorities, anticipate and address obstacles, track project status and maintain project deadlines. This individual will ensure that projects adhere to established quality standards and measurements and coordinate all programming, testing and implementation efforts. Demonstrated experience in managing internal project teams, delegating to team leads and external resources including technology suppliers and 3rd party development organizations is required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads multiple projects from concept through implementation. Analyzes project objectives, determines resource requirements and allocates internal personnel, contractors and/or vendors to meet project objectives.
• Estimates effort for future work including multiple options. Defines pros and cons of each option including cost/benefit analyses and leads IT and business through the process of selecting the appropriate option.
• Negotiates and influences project scope and delivery options.
• Develops a project plan for every project. Uses the plan to determine resource needs and balance workloads. Manages variances between estimated and actual time frames to meet established milestones.
• Leads the team in creating prototypes / proofs of concept where appropriate, testing functionality and verifying outputs with business.
• Collaborates extensively with BI developers and their managers to ensure that reporting solutions are optimally designed and built. Ensures the team does as well.
• Reviews requirements, designs and code for quality and adherence to standards.
• Ensures a stable production environment by adhering to established processes and controls, monitoring system availability and addressing production outages on a timely basis.
• Collaborates with the business, vendors and industry consultants to define service levels and monitor adherence to service levels.
• Cultivates good working relationships with the business, outsourced partners, other IT groups including Realogy and outside suppliers.
• Researches new technologies and IT trends that are appropriate for Cartus. Participates in the identification and selection of new vendors, including negotiation of contractual agreements.
• Exercises long-term vision. Helps set organization direction.
• Evaluates, recommends and implements changes to the development process to improve efficiencies.
• Provides ongoing leadership, direction, mentoring and feedback to direct reports. Facilitates their training and professional development.
• Creates a collaborative, empowering team environment.
• Manages project teams in diverse locations and interfaces with the business to define and translate business requests into technology initiatives.
Demonstrated ability in:
• Project Management
• Data Analysis / Data Quality / Data Governance
• Experience/knowledge of one or more in each of the following categories highly valuable:
o Informatica ETL
o Cognos preferred, Microstrategy, Business Objects
o Java Script
o Oracle PL/SQL preferred, MS T/SQL
o Qlik / Tableau
o Application Integration